Thursday, August 30, 2018

No More Mosquito Meat

No More Mosquito Meat


Everyone in Jamaica who has ever been around foreigners knows that local mosquitoes love to attack foreigners.

I dont know why, but I have a new theory... foreigners taste better.

Up until recently, my wife and I would be in the same room, same bed pr same office and she would be stung while I would be ignored.

That is, until she had a 3 week bout of dengue fever last year, and all of a sudden the bites stopped.  I take it to mean that somehow dengue changes the "taste" of blood in some way, rendering it unpalatable to our locals.

I have no idea if I am right, but there does seem to be a correlation. If so, perhaps there might be documented evidence to back this up?  If there is, do let me know.


go to link download